For each epic we have User stories and we log bugs as sub tasks with each US
I want to make JIRA Dashboard which shows all bugs ( sub tasks of User stories ) for each epic we worked on last 6 months
Hi @Kiran Khan , before turning to the actual dashboard part of your question let's try creating the JQL and asses the results to see if it contains what you want. Try the following as a starter but tweak to meet your actual needs.
project = abc and type = subtask and parentepic in (x,y,z)
In the above you'll define your project and you will also need to define the specific Epics. There isn't the ability to use "parentepic is not empty" unfortunately. As well, you will know that I have not put any timeframe in the above JQL example. This is because I need to understand what you mean by "worked on". It may be that we can use the "updated" operator but unsure until I understand your use case better.
@Jack Brickey Worked on means we just need to have those epics in which "sub-task" is added in last 6 months in order to not get very old and obsolete data + in order to get the results which needs focus
1- we have epic in which we have User stories -> we Log bugs as sub tasks with User story
2- we need a dashboard which shows bugs per each epic only for those epics in which we added any in last 6 months
so maybe this....
project = abc and type = subtask and parentepic in (x,y,z) and createdDate <= startOfDay(-6M)
Does that return the desired/expected bugs?
Hi @Jack Brickey I am trying to do the same thing, but I don't have any issues with the JQL. It is working fine, and I have the information that I need. The issue is displaying the info on my dashboard (pie chart and two dimensional) as the sub-tasks appear as "NONE".
See example below (dashboard: dimensional / same apply for pie chart)
Epic Link(Name)
- None: 100 (80 sub-tasks related to EPIC AAA AND 20 related to EPIC BBB)
- AAA: 50 (It should be 130 = 50 (tasks/stories) +80 sub-tasks)
- BBB: 20 (It should be 40 : 20 (tasks/stories +20 sub-tasks )
Thanks for your support.
I want present on my dashboard the total issues including sub-tasks under each EPIC.
As you can see below, there are 177 sub-taks (None) that aren't allocated to their respective EPIC.
Based on my JQL I know for example that out of 177 sub-tasks(None), 116 subtasks are related to the 1st EPIC - Create(blue).
So that I might replicate please share your JQL and the configuration of the pie gadget.
project = XXX AND cf[10800] = 17000 and type in (task, story, "sub-task") and "Parent Epic" in (a, b, c, d, e, f) AND Sprint in (112265, 112530, 112891, 113496, 113522) ORDER BY status DESC, Rank ASC
Configuration pie gadget:
Filter: "JQL above"
Statistic Type: EPIC
Thanks Jack.
Hi @Douglas Martins , I believe what you are seeing is that by using "epic" for the statistic you are seeing None because, subtasks do not have the Epic as the parent.
Also, you indicate "epic" as the stat but the image shows "epic link" which coincidentally has been replaced by "parent".
Hi @Douglas Martins
Welcome to the community !!
As suggest by Jack, a third party app can help you with this use case. If you would be interested in the same, do take a look at
Issue Hierarchy
Not exactly a pie chart but the app can help you with a bar graph for issue types under the Epic as shown in the video below. This can be added as a dashboard gadget too.
The app also shows your issue hierarchy in a tree view and help you easily Sum up values (time tracking/story point/custom numeric fields) to see overall progress for your Issues at each parent level. Also it provides excel like editing for all the values right on the report and see real time progress updates.
Do give it a spin.
(Disclaimer: I work on RVS, the vendor for this app)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.