Currently the only SLA we have set up is the 'Time to first response'.
When a customer creates a ticket, Jira automatically sends them the initial email saying "Thanks, we've received your request and it's filed under ticket number INC12345". This is the default email from Jira and not something we have set up via automation.
What I want, is that email to be the trigger to stop the time to first response SLA. Is there a way to do this? Or failing that, can we set a rule via automation to stop the timer once that email has been sent? I'm struggling to find how to use that email as a trigger for any events/automations.
Also, I'm aware this isn't the way SLA's should work. I am new to this company and I will be changing that soon, but to begin with I need to ensure Jira matches our current ticket system for functionality before I start changing internal processes.
Thank you so much.