I have modified the current project board to adapt it better to our needs, deleting some statues and creating new ones, to move to a Scrumban flow.
In doing so, Jira warned me that stories/tasks/issues etc orphaned of a Status will be assigned the BACKLOG status. which is fine by me.
I created new columns, and associated them to the relevant statuses i.e. ready to test, in test, urgencies ....
Then I started associating the tickets we're working on to the new statues expecting them to show up in the board. They do not. the columns remain empty.
However, when I edit the board, I can see that they are correctly counted in the relevant statues, i.e. "ready to test" shows the real number of issues of any kind with that status.
1) If I try to directly create an issue in the backlog column, by using the "create issue" at the bottom,
- then they are displayed in the board and I can move them around and interact with them as expected.
- I see them in the "issues" page, with the status corresponding to the column I move them to.
BUT
2) If I create a new issue in the issues page,
- they are created with BACKLOG status, BUT are not displayed on the board.
- if I manually set them to a different status associated with another column, e.g. IN DEV, they will not be displayed on the board, BUT they will be counted against their assigned status when I am in the configure board page
So my desired outcome would be:
a) When I add an issue to the Issues page, I see it displayed on the board too - THIS DOES NOT WORK
b) When I add an issue to the backlog column, I see it in the Issues page too - THIS WORKS