I have a portal where users can submit a ticket. When the ticket is changed to the "Approved" status, an automation creates an issue on our software board.
Note: The software workflow's initial status is "Board Review".
Goal: There are some issues, that we are giving a specific label, that will need to skip that step and go straight to "Backlog".
The automation is creating the issues on the software board, but I cannot get it to change the status to "Backlog" when it has the specific label (I am using the if block condition).
Things I've tried:
- When creating the issue, add an action of transition issue. This did not work because it was referencing only statuses in the service desk.
- Trigger is "Issue created". It does work if I can create an issue directly in the software board.
- Tried the trigger "Issue transitioned".
- Tried the trigger "Issue updated".
Since #2 worked, it leads me to believe that I don't have the correct trigger which is why I attempted #3 and #4. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.