I have an EPIC that has several child issues and it needs to be cloned to move to a similar project. Is there a way to clone the EPIC and have all the child issues cloned and still linked to the EPIC?
Hi @Mindy Johnson ,
This other post may be helpful: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-clone-the-whole-Epic-and-child-issues-included-in-the/qaq-p/1871964
@Carlos Garcia Navarro - thank you so much for the extra information!
I'm glad it helped! :-)
Hello @Mindy Johnson
It's Aleksandra from Deviniti and I wanted to suggest another alternative to Automation that was explained in the original post.
If you need, you can easily recreate an existing Epic with the help of the Recreate issue option which is a part of the Issue Templates for Jira app. Please note that it's quite powerful and it will reflect all structure under a specific Epic, meaning all its stories, sub-tasks, and issue links
Hopefully, it will help in your use case!
Cheers,Aleksandra
Thanks Aleksandra! I recently downloaded the plugin for Deep Clone.
It clones the epic, stories, tasks and subtasks.
Thanks
Mindy
Thank you for your reply, Mindy
Glad to hear the use case is solved
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.