https://admin.atlassian.com/s/5900866c-d4f8-4af5-b128-242fa5af0305/groups/2bfb118e-e7ed-4c24-bc7e-39d881c1bdcb
You will have to add a new group with the new name, add all the users in the old group into it, then delete the old group, and update anywhere you've used the old group
To edit the name of a group in Jira, follow these steps:
Go to the "Users and groups" page in your Jira instance. This page can be accessed from the "User management" section of the Jira Administration Console.
Find the group that you want to edit, and click on the group name to open the group details page.
In the group details page, click on the "Edit" button.
In the "Edit Group" dialog, modify the name of the group in the "Group Name" field.
Click on the "Update" button to save the changes.
You will need to have the appropriate permissions to edit groups in Jira. By default, only users with the "Jira administrators" global permission can edit groups.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
No. This is wrong. You can not change the names of groups this way.
Dear @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Please suggest me the way. I am a JIRA admin for our company.
Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for your suggestions. This is what I was doing. Actually I am having more than 200 Groups and need to modify their names as per some defined pattern.
I wish if their names can be modify .... else lot of manual work needs to be done.
Hello @Deepak Rai
Thanks for sharing the suggestion !
I am JIRA administrator and I cant see the Edit option according to your suggested flow.
Are you sure you performed the same at your end ?
Best Regards
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.