I need to know how to disable the status box in jira
Hi @suren
This is the resolution field, which plays a very important role on Jira. Apart from the fact that hira considers an issue as "done/finished" only when it has a resolution, that field triggers events and is part of some of Jira's built in functionalities (e g. Resolved vs created gadget).
Hi @suren ,
there is a pretty new (and in my personal opinion, also very good and true) article on Best Practices for Setting Resolution field for Jira (atlassian.com) that explains the "best practices" for using the "Resolution" field.
I suggest that you check this to understand how status and resolution are intended to be used in Jira. If you follow this path, you will get a lot of value out of the box simply because you use the tool how it is intended.
Regards,
Harald
But to answer your question you simply don't set a resolution and this field will not show any value. But I don't recommend it
@Harald Seyr thank you for pointing him to my article
I don't need to repeat what Harald and Alex have said already, but I do want to say that you probably need to fix your configuration.
"not fixed" as a resolution suggests that you have mis-configured your system. I suspect you've put resolution on a create or edit screen, and when people are using "not fixed", they probably really want it to say "unresolved".
This will mean you've got a pile of issues that Jira can't report on accurately.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.