Hello,
We are an engineering company who is managing about 580 projects in Jira Cloud, focused in renewable energies.
We would like add to each project some fields that would make easier to classify them (technology, power, customer,...). So I have created some customized fields.
The problem I've found is that these customized fileds are not available in any of my projects created with a template "Project management".
My dilemma is how to classify the projects so I can filter or use them. The ideal solution for me would be to have 4-5 forms with about 6-8 customized fileds each, so depending on the project type (solar, wind, thermal energy), every project may have a form with the corresponding fields.
But how could I implmement this in JIRA?
Maybe creating a task types and I add that task to each project?
Another option, maybe easier, would be to add labels to a task inside each project, but I think that labels may cause a mess, as all labels are mixed.
I would be pleased to receive any suggestion, thanks in advance!