I'm new to dashboards. I gave some users edit permission to filters I own used in dashboards but they can't edit the filter.
I found the answer looking a bug issues at Atlassian. When you open the filter you need to click the search button and the 'save as' button becomes 'save' and you can edit the filter and save it.
Hello @Joe Pitt
Did you give them Edit permissions to the filter, or to the Dashboard?
Which one is the user trying to edit? Can you provide a screen image from that user of what they see that indicates they can't edit it?
The the filters. They are trying to edit the filter the dashboard pulls from
If they try to edit they get an option to 'save as', not 'save'
That would indicate the user doesn't have permissions to edit the filter.
Can you share with us a screen image of what you have configured for the Edit and View permissions on the filter?
Have you ensured that the user(s) having the problem are members of the project/role/group that you have specified as having Edit permissions?
Hi @Joe Pitt can i have the link where the bug reported.
even i am also facing same issue.
Thank you
I don't have that anymore. I found it searching google
Hi!
I'm facing the same problem and I don't get to the solution.
I have an user with edit permissions on a filter. But when he tries to Save the filter, an error shows.
The filter is used in a dashboard. I tried to give the user edit permissions on the dashboard but the problem still remains.
I'm using Jira Server version 8.20.12.
The message at the top is just a warning that you are impersonating another user. It is not an indication that the user can't save changes to the filter.
What happens when the user makes a change to the filter and clicks the Save button?
You can see the error message when trying to Save the filter in the first screenshot.
I'll just attach it again.
I have searched the error in atlassian logs in order to find some detail about it but it does not show up.
I apologize. I was looking at the image on my mobile device and did not see the message in the corner.
After changing the filter, did the user click on the Search button to the right of the filter to refresh the filter results?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.