How can I backup or export the data of a single project with the purpose to move the project data (and only this data) to another Jira database?
I've found how to export the entire system.
Thank you in advance.
Klaus
You've almost answered your own question. You take the entire export, give it to the target Jira and then use "project import" - it will read the whole import file and pull out the project you select.
Thank you for your valuable answer.
And how to export the instance?
Maybe you can find some info here.
However, you have to be sure that the info to be restored comes from the same JIRA version otherwise you will have to upgrade old jira.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup
I get a 403 Forbiddennginx
When I try to look at that page (and a few others in this Forum)
There's a lot of reports of broken pages today, I think Atlassian are re-organising docs and breaking stuff, people are raising reports about it, so hopefully they'll be fixed soon. Try again later.
Here you go with this:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.projectconfigurator/server/overview
Where is this 'project import' option? I've looked in Administration→Projects and Administration→System but don't see it anywhere. Administration→System→Restore says 'Please note that this process will delete all existing JIRA data in your site', which is definitely not what I want.
(Sorry for the bad formatting. For some reason, when I formatted my reply properly, this website thought it was offensive or spammy. 😕)
Looks promising, but I wasn't able to install this to my cloud instance. 'Project Configurator for JIRA' doesn't appear when I search for it under 'Add-ons', and when I go to Manage Add-ons→Upload add-on, it expects a URL, not the trial I downloaded.
Do you know if this free trial will actually let me do what I want, migrate a single project, including all its issues, from one JIRA instance to another?
Me too I use JIRA Cloud and for as where is the export and import project? do you know
Me also use cloud.
thank's
There is no export project, you have to take a full backup as xml. Import is in the import menu in the admin section.
In the below thread there are some solutions listed, also for Cloud:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Export-or-back-up-a-single-project/qaq-p/100080
We are already using Botron's Configuration Manager at VMware. Pretty convinced this is the best way in Atlassian world for such a thing. Highly recommend!
Here are instructions for Jira Cloud! https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/export-issues/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.