Does the free version of JIRA allow dependencies to be linked at the task level? It appears I can only link dependencies at the epic level
Hello @Kim
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Exactly how are you trying to create these dependencies?
Are you working with a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project? It will say which at the bottom of the navigation pane on the left.
Are you working with a Software, Service, or Business project? Check at the top of the navigation pane where the project name is shown. It will say Software, Service, or nothing which indicates Business.
Based on this documentation for Basic Roadmaps functionality, it appears that you need to use the Blocks link to define dependencies
It is setup as a software kanban project using the team managed option. I can link the epics where it shows the gantt bar but for some reason the tasks don't show the gantt bar in the roadmap so I can't link dependencies at that level.
Do you have start and end dates entered for the tasks?
Do you have Child Level Issue Scheduling turned on for the roadmap?
I do have View the status of child issues and track how work is progressing enabled in the roadmap settings and also have start date and end date populated on the child tasks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.