Hello!
I recently created an automation that triggers from Issue Creation. The automation updates the Description based on what's in the ticket summary, and essentially templates the Description so that it's clear what is required for the team to fulfill the request.
My team's Jira project is a Kanban project with a Backlog status. I noticed that when I move the ticket from the Backlog status to the To Do status, the automation runs again. If I do that again (return the same ticket to Backlog, then go back to To Do), the automation will run again. If I go from Backlog to any In Progress status, the automation does not run.
Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here, or if it's a bug? My first thought is that since it's a Kanban project, that maybe Jira is seeing the transition from a Backlog status to a To Do/Open (gray-colored) status is being seen as a Create event, since the issue doesn't happen if I go from Backlog to an In Progress (blue-colored) status.