I am working on a Kanban board but am unable to use the release button. A pop up box tell me that "You must be a project administrator or Jira administrator to release versions". I am a board administrator ( I think that should allow me to reales the board). What mistake could I be making?
HI @Leon Siggelkow ,
welcome to the Atlassian community!
Release button allows you to manage Versions within the project. It is not related to board itself.
Keep in mind that just a project admin or a jira admin can manage versions within a project.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/view-and-manage-a-projects-versions/
Hope this clarifies your doubt.
Fabio
Hi @Leon Siggelkow and welcome to the community,
As a board administrator you have certain privileges concerning the board and not the project. Versions are part of the project so you have to be at least a project administrator.
Once you have created a version and being the project admin (or jira admin) then you would be eligible to release it.
Best,
Alex
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.