I have a Jira Service Management project created, and I use a linked software project to track development. With that, I copy all of the field values from the JSM issue to the linked Jira software issue using automation for jira.
Problem Statement:
An issue that I am encountering is that our JSM customers are coming back in to the JSM issue (through the portal) and adding Attachments after the initial ticket creation. The attachments are missed because they are not carried forward to the linked Jira software issue.
Solutioning:
I have looked into adding an automation to monitor for field changes in the attachments but automation for Jira does not seem to support monitoring attachment changes from the portal side (i.e. the customer is coming to the jsm portal, locating the issue, and adding the attachment through the portal). It seems to only support monitoring attachment field changes from the agent side of the issue.
Is there a different approach that anyone can recommend?
As an alternative, I proposed adding a comment to the linked software issue that alerts specific users when a comment is added. I feel like the rule I currently have has some room for errors because the user could create an issue that includes an attachment, then come back in later and leave a comment and the rule would still trigger.
Are there any recommendations anyone would have to improve the rule logic?

Thanks in advance!