So I've been looking at Insights Discovery for sometime now trying to find any type of simple step by step documentation on how to setup Insight Discovery on a server, how to install the agents on desktops/servers so that its data can be collected and how to route that data to Insights for inventory purposes.
I am finding lots of links and lots of "what you can do with insight discovery" type articles but not able to find a definitive step by step "how to" from start to finish. I'm surprised there is no youtube video walk through for this process either.
Maybe I should ask this question before I even go any further. Can Insights Discovery be set to scan our internal network/vpn, collect data such as hostnames, IPs, ram, cpu, serial/service tag, etc and automatically update Insights, so that Insights always has currently/live inventory info?
If so a guide that can show me how to set that up is what I am after. Thanks!