Hi folks - we are using JIRA Software on a Scrum board, company-managed project. I'd like to add a couple fields to the issues that will auto-calculate a date based on the end-date for the aligned sprint. I don't want users to be able to change these values manually (so I admit maybe 'field' is the wrong wording here). I will be using this in some dashboard reporting (will be running queries based on the values in these fields). When I try to create a custom field for this, I don't see an option for a calculated date field. ...maybe Custom Fields isn't the right way to go about this. Also want to note that we are using Rich Filters (plugin) for our dashboard reporting. Does anyone know how I can achieve the result I'm looking for?
Due Date Field: auto-calculate based on the end-date of the aligned sprint
Dev Cut-Off Field: auto-calculate based on the end-date of the aligned sprint, minus 15 calendar days.
If we are able to create calculated metadata for issues, I will then want to make sure this data automatically updates if/when the issue is moved to a new sprint (with a new end-date).
Here are a couple use cases as examples for how we'll use this metadata
USE CASE #1: On the dashboard, display a warning (Smart Filters) when testing is incomplete for tickets that are close to the end of the sprint. JQL: TestingComplete = No AND today's date > DevCutOff OR TestingComplete = No AND status IN ("Complete-On Hold", "Complete-Ready for Code Push", "Complete-in UAT", "Complete-In Production")
USE CASE #2: On the dashboard, display a warning (Smart Filters) when development is incomplete on a ticket and we're getting close to the end of the sprint. JQL: status NOT IN ("Complete-On Hold", "Complete-Ready for Code Push", "Complete-in UAT", "Complete-In Production") AND DevCutOff < today's date