Hi,
I want to list all the issues where a particular service desk agent has posted a comment. I know it is possible through add-ons but is there any way to do it through JQL?
Thanks,
SK
Hi @Serosoft Jira Administrator ,
This is not possible via standard Jira JQL. You need apps like "script runner", "JQL Search Extensions for Jira - the JQL extensions" etc
Hi @Serosoft Jira Administrator - doesn't the standard updatedBy() function in JQL give you what you need? eg.
Hi @Serosoft Jira Administrator
I’m Maurício, a support engineer at Digital Toucan and I’m here to help you.
Standard JQL doesn't easily allow it, but if you’re able to have an add-on you can quickly find the results using our professional indexing service JQL Search Extensions
You can use this query to find all your issues that was commented by a specific user.
commentedByUser = “UserName”
If you have any other questions, please contact our support. We’ll be happy to help you!Best regards,Maurício
Hi @Serosoft Jira Administrator - I think something like the following will get you close to what you need in standard JQL:
issuekey IN updatedBy('<Jira user name>') and comment ~ '<Jira full name>'
This will pick out the tickets where a particular agent has updated the ticket and also added a comment; you can refine it further via a date range as I mentioned earlier.
Please note the usage of <Jira user name> and <Jira full name> to represent the same agent in the different parts of the JQL, eg:
issuekey IN updatedBy('mmouse') and comment ~ 'mickey mouse'
Thanks for the update. Yes, that I know as mentioned in my question. I tried this
issuekey in updatedBy("Username",-30d) AND project = project name which is helping me up to some extent.
Thanks!
Yes, it gives. But there is a difference between an update and a comment. The user might just update a field but not comment.
Hi @Sid Pathirana Thank you it works for me
Hi @mauricio.groth Thank you for your suggestion and I will evaluate JQL Search Extensions. In the meantime, one of the other suggested answers has worked for me.
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.