Dear team,
I just created a custom data type that I would want to have on the same level as the epic.
Currently I am of course able to link child issues to it, but I can't track it in swimlanes on the kanban board. To do so, it is my understanding that it must sit in the same hierarchy as the epic.
When trying to change it and saving it I get the below message:

This makes me somehow unsure as I don't want to break anything in our Enterprise.
I still need the epics for all other projects, but I also need my new data type for my project.
Given that I just added my new data type to the Epic Level, and haven't changed the Epic itself, can I break something?
Is what I am trying to do the correct way to proceed given my needs?
I tried to look for information on the matter, but just get stuff related to creating a bigger hierarchy in "Advanced Roadmaps" that I don't have, not being a premium user (yet).
I'd be glad for any advice.