I have been trying to create a version every 10 days automatically.To make the version name easily identifiable.I am using release-{{project.key}}-dateBut for some reason version name is not picking {{project.key}} smart value.It used to pick it initially. Strange why it doesn't work now.Any help will be appreciated
Hello @Anand Babu ,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!!
Please use {{issue.key}} instead of {{project.key}} in Automation rule.
For more details on Smart Value, you may have look on the below document.
Jira smart values - issues
Hope this information help!! Please hit the accept button.
Regards,Mayur
Hi @Mayur Jadhav Thank you for the reply. Still no luck with {{issue.key}}.Attaching screenshot for reference
Hi @Bill Sheboy Would you be able to provide any suggestion for this issue?
Hi @Anand Babu
Does your scheduled trigger have JQL (to gather issues) or is it just a schedule, without issues, to create a version daily?
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy .
Thank you for jumping in.It's just a scheduled trigger without issues to create a version daily.
I am puzzled how your rule worked as the {{project}} smart value is only available with the Project Created trigger, and not with scheduled and other triggers. Although I did find an old test rule I wrote which does something similar, and it no longer works; apparently something has changed for rules.
The {{issue.project}} smart value is available whenever issues are available. So you can still do what you want by having at least one issue to access {{issue.project.key}}
But to get that, you would need the project key anyway, so why not just hardcode it?
Hi @Bill Sheboy Thank you for your suggestion. I can hardcode it as the rule is not going to be global.
You can use {{project.key}} as long as there is a trigger associated to something in the project. A simple scheduled trigger will not pick up the project that it lives in. This is an obvious bug, but that is the way it is unfortunately.
My goodness, I've been wasting my time for ages on this bug
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.