How do I set the Issue type scheme that I created, so that it will be used in every newly created project automatically? Is this even possible?
Hi @Ernest Pramenko ,
welcome to the Atlassian community!
Projects can be created in different ways and you can force JIRA to use a specific scheme. When you create a project you have multiple choice (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/create-a-new-project/).
My suggestion is to create a Project Template that includes your Issue Type Scheme but also all the other schemes (permission, screens, workflows, notification and so on) and use Create Project with shared configuration so that the new project is a clone of your template.
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Hello @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_
Thanks for the quick reply!
I will review the description that you provided. I think the idea of a project template is fantastic. However, I have a question regarding user rights...
If I understand correctly, users who want to create a project from a template must have at least the Site admin role, is that correct?
Thanks up front!
Ernest
Hey @Ernest Pramenko ,
just a Jira Admin can create a project with shared-configuration.
Thanks for clarification. I will try with mentioned configuration and see what happens
Thanks for now!
Regards!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.