Hi all,
I hope this makes sense, but I'm trying to understand if it's possible for an email to be read within a Jira ticket instead of having to download it as an attachment and viewing it from a browser or Outlook application.
Many thanks,
Mihir
@Mihir Ruparelia -
Are the emails you referring already added to the issue as attachments? If so, then you will have to download it.
Please advise if it is not.
Best, Joseph
Hi there @Mihir Ruparelia ,
in case you haven't found a solution within your browser app configuration for opening files; you can also work with an Outlook integration. This might be the feature you are looking for:
Emails: See & send emails from within Jira (yasoon.com)
I work for yasoon and the app I am referring to is free for up to 10 users. Feel free to check it out: Microsoft 365 for Jira - Outlook Email, Teams, Calendar | Atlassian Marketplace
All the best from Mannheim, Germany
Britta
@Joseph Chung Yin thank you for the response, I had a query about this from someone who uses a Jira board within the business.
Trying to open rather than download, Chrome throws an error saying "the link is broken, you need to download" and they are worried end users will stop the process at that point thinking there is an issue.
Might have to look at the default app opening this type of attachment.
Yes, this is correct. It depends on how browser app configuration on opening files.
@Joseph Chung Yin amazing thanks for clarifying
@Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_ thank you for this I will take a look
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.