Hi,
We wish to enable logs collection and monitoring however we also want to keep the least privilege principle.
Is it possible to define a role for accessing the audit logs without granting the user full admin rights?
Thanks, Noam
Welcome to the community
As stated by the documentation you need to have the Administer Jira global permission
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/audit-activities-in-jira-applications/
Thank you Mohamed,
Can you tell if there are plans to allow RBAC or some sort of least privilege role so API token for security monitoring only purposes won't need admin rights and add unnecessary risk?
Best,
Noam
I don't know you should ask Atlassian directly. But one solution could be to export all the log to an outside product.
Thanks for the response! What's the best way to ask Atlassian directly?
The API token to access/export the logs requires admin rights, this is what I wish to avoid, and I believe it would be beneficial to all customers if they won't need to use such privileges account/token instead of using an account with RO rights.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.