We are currently setting up Asset. Our wish is to map hardware and requests coming both from JSM customers (without Atlassian license) and active atlassian users.
- Since I cannot see a way to automatically create user objects based on Customers in JSM, we have decided to import all users from approved domain in as objects
- The user object has been set up with:
- Email (label) = same email address as Atlassian accounts
- Name = text
Since the label field is using same email address as the Atlassian accounts, I was sure that we could, in tickets, map the user object to reporter for a ticket. But I cannot get it to work. Might be misconfiguration of the filter issue scope, but as I have now tested and tested heaps of various configurations I am starting to wonder if:
Direct mapping to reporter of a ticket will only work if the label-field of the object type is of Type User?
Am I totally wrong here?
Here are some of the various configurations I have tried, all fail:

