I have a project that includes 31 linked tasks. We are using Jira to track this project and our goal is to have all tasks triggered at once through automation rules; however, I'm running into some problems with that.
Current set up: 31 automation rules. First task is triggered when an epic is created for this project. The next task is triggered when the former is created and so on until all 31 tasks are created and visible within the epic.
Problem: After a certain amount of rules are triggered, the rule execution will stop and I get the following loop error:
Rule execution was stopped since an execution loop was detected. Please check *all* your rules and disable the 'Allow rule trigger' setting in 'Rule details' where it is not needed. We stopped execution after detecting a long chain of rules triggering other rules. Chain length: 10
From what I understand, Jira does not like it when too many tasks are triggered at once.
I circumvented this problem by creating two 'breaks'. After the 9th rule in the sequence is triggered "when: issue created," the next rule is triggered "when: issue transitioned from (in progress, awaiting info, etc.) to (done)." The rule after that resumes to "when: issue created" and so on until another break is needed to not trigger the loop.
Question: Is there a solution in which all tasks will be triggered at once without needing breaks in between? One thought I had was to create a single rule with 31 actions (tasks created), but I'm afraid I will still get an error message. Does anyone know if there are indeed limits on the number of actions that can be run within a single rule?