I have been a user of Windows Sourcetree for a number of years now. As of late, whenever I try to open Sourcetree, or run the installer, I get the application splash screen for a few seconds, and then it closes itself with no displayed error messages.
The last action I remember taking in Sourcetree before the problem occurred was attempting to clone a repo that had git LFS enabled, which failed (with a popup about lack of LFS support) after which Sourcetree continued working as normal until a presumably unrelated laptop failure to recover from sleep mode.
I was running 3.4.5.0 when the problem occured, but it still occurs with 3.4.10.0 (latest).
Here is the contents of the `%localappdata%\Atlassian\SourceTree\sourcetree.log` log file: https://pastebin.com/frQzGRjC
Here's the start of that log file:
[SourceTree.App] [Log] - Failed to start
System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at SourceTree.UI.Theme.Wpf.Utilities.NativeHelper.GetWindowsVersion()
at SourceTree.UI.Theme.Wpf.Controls.PerMonitorDpiWindow.OnSourceInitialized(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
at SourceTree.UI.WelcomeWizardManager.Run()
at SourceTree.UI.OnboardingManager.Run()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.Onboard()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.OnboardIfRequired()
at SourceTree.AppRoot.<OnStartup>d__24.MoveNext()
I have already reviewed these posts:
I have already tried these fixes:
- Restarting my computer
- Installing a newer version of sourcetree (3.4.5.0 -> 3.4.10.0). The installer similarly brings up a splash screen and then does nothing, but it does install a copy of sourcetree (that then fails to open when launched)
- Deleting the user-specific configuration files mentioned here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html
- Completely deleting the `%localappdata%\Atlassian` folder
- Completely deleting the `%localappdata%\Sourcetree` folder