Now we decided to make use of the roadmap. Made all required modifications and now realized that Epic issues REQUIRE Summary AND Epic Name. Can't I get rid of one of them? Its pointless have Summary and Epic Name since they are essentially the same thing.
I'm afraid we're a bit stuck with this one at the moment - yes, we have to fill in a summary and a name.
I understand that they're going to be merged (so you just have a summary for an Epic and that becomes its name as well), but I don't know where that is on the roadmap.
Hi Rafael,
Help is on the way - see this previous post.
https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/deprecation-of-the-epic-link-parent-link-and-other-related-fields-in-rest-apis-and-webhooks/54048
But in the meantime, as Nic says, you are a bit stuck.
Deprecation of Epic Name (making it optional) post is https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/the-epic-name-field-will-become-optional-from-15-jan-2023/59937 but read also https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/the-epic-name-still-required/67137 (not to be confused like me ).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.