Hey Rudy,
Currently JIRA does not allow you to bulk edit time estimate fields. But there is a feature request you can vote for at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5034
Cheers
Bhushan
Unfortunately, Atlassian has decided not to go for this feature in the roadmap. I have however seen this done by using CSV File import.
This seems like something extremely easy and something many, many of us need. It's a text field. Why can't it be bulk updated? Along with the Description, another plain text field that cannot be updated, though a Comment can? These two fields would be the most useful in a bulk action for many people and they're left out. Why?
Hi,
This can be done using the External System Import (CSV).......
Step 1: Query the issues you want to edit in Issue Navigator
Step 2: Export by CSV
Step 3: Edit Original Estimate
Step 4: Import issues (keep the same issue Key!)
How do i keep the same key? It is not supported in the fields available for importing to. Only Issue id is.
Sorry, I don't follow here. I have used the External System Import (CSV) option to update issues before by having the Issue-Key in the upload file. This does work. I am on JIRA Server Version 7.6.0
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-5034 You can also vote for the cloud!
Hello,
Can you please confirm this solution works?
Can you please put more steps to reproduce it?
Regards,
jLuis
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.