I'm working with a creative agency to adjust the way they manage work in Jira (not JWM) going from Kanban boards mainly to a 2 week Sprint model. I have had a few a challenges and have mitigated them in the best way I thought possible. However I'd love to hear your feedback and perspective.
The the first challenge I had was, since marketing efforts are tied to different clients there are an array of client project boards. So I created a filter to pull them all together into 1 project. This works for now, I just need to make sure every project is using the same screens so the team work off this board in unison.
Secondly, due to the nature of the work some people are working the same issue at the same time so it's hard to REALLY see what someone has on their plate since it's assigned to only 1 person. I thought to create a custom assignee field in addition to the preexisting one.
Lastly, this marketing team does monthly marketing reports for some clients, the previous PM's have a made a Jira ticket lasts until the end of time. The way I mitigate that is with automation that once it hits DONE the reporting ticket is cloned and put into the backlog. Ready for use again next month. The only other way I see to do is to have PM's recreate the tickets every month.
What do you think?