My company has separate apps for Agile stories (Assembla) and our bugs (Redmine).
We want to move everything into JIra cloud. So far I have created a CSV from Assembla.
What is the way to setup a project like this built on SCRUM?
Without knowing the setup of those two systems, or the details of how you want to use it, I can't tell you much.
But, I would probably set up a new Scrum project in JIRA Software, and ensure it has Stories and Bugs, plus any other issue types you want to use later.
You may want to set up more than one project too - if you have multiple products or some way that you'd like to break up your data and/or users.
Once set up, you should be able to import your Assembla CSV, although I would add an extra column to it with the ehading "issue type" and pre-fill it on every line with "story". You should be able to do something similar with redmine data (there is a redmine importer in JIRA, but I've not used it for years and I don't know if Cloud has it)
Hi Nic. I confirm that Redmine is also available on Cloud for importing issues:
https://<YOURS>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ExternalImport1.jspa
Cheers
The URL to Redmine importer is:
https://<YOURS>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/RedmineSetupPage!default.jspa?externalSystem=com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-redmine-plugin:redmineTrackerImporter
Thank you Nic & Ignacio. I'll get cracking on setting up a new Scrum project. I've tested each importer individually and see how they work. Fun and challenging times.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.