I'm implementing Jira Service Management with Atlassian Access for user provisioning. I've implemented this way at several companies. However, this is the first time where I have a large group of users that don't have active company email addresses and I'm wondering what the best way to address this constraint.
This Jira project is for employees only. I have ~1,400 employees total that are being provisioned that need access to the help center. About ~600 have active mailboxes. The rest don't have active mailboxes. I'm concerned that if one of the employees that don't have an active mailbox submits an issue, they won't get any of the email communications (acknowledgement, comments, etc.). Additionally, agents won't easily know who does have an active mailbox and who doesn't, making some comments not be received.
I am considering creating a custom field for email and just have those employees enter their personal email addresses. However, then I have agents communicating outside of Jira making it so the communication isn't being tracked.
I'm wondering if there is a better way to address this issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.