Hi,
currently I'm configuring a project with special requirements.
So I have a question about the "Due date" field.
Situation:
The project is using different issue types:
- project initiative
- epic
- task
- subtask
The project lead would like to restrict the possibility to modify the due date:
- project initiative => only project lead should be able to change the due date
- epic => project team members can change the due date
- task => project team members can change the due date
- subtask => project team members can change the due date
Question:
- Is it possible to configure different "edit" permissions for different issue types in one project using one set of schemes?
I thought about the following:
1) Permission scheme:
When I assign the schedule issue permission, it is not possible to distinguish between issue types.
2) Field context:
I thought about creating a new context for the field "due date" and assign it to the specific issue type. But unfortunately, I haven't found the possibility to create a field context for the due date field. And I recognized that this functionality doesn't allow to configure the needed behaviour. It just manages options and values, but not permissions of editing.
3) Field configuration:
As I saw, I can assign a specific field configuration to every issue type, but in this configuration I can't modify the permission to edit the field.
What do I miss?
Thank you very much for your help!
Greetings
Simon