How can I trigger an automation rule when an organization has been added to an issue?
My issue stems from having multiple types of customers who need custom details & unique email notifications under one project.
With the Jira Customer Notifications being a single global(project-wide) template I looked to disable the: "When an organization is added to an issue - send email" option with the enabled/disabled toggle and replace that with an automation rule. This would allow us to use many more smart values and have custom unique notifications for each group of customers under their respective organization.
What I would like/hope to see:
If field value is changed ( organization )
or, If organization is added to an issue,
Then send email. (Where I can choose organization)
As I understand it, when I use: If issue has been updated, and if organization contains, then customers would receive this email notification for various reasons, I am wishing to only send an initial email like: "Your organization has been added to this issue."
Though for different organizations I need it to be customized with specific information.
Alternatively, in the project settings -> customer notifications: Edit Templates. This seems odd that templates is pluralized, as there is only one project-wide template. If we could specify multiple types of notification templates for different groups of customers(organizations), this would also be a valid option.
Is there something I'm missing or is this to be expected in the future?