I see how to do an export from the UI on-demand, but I need to do a daily export of selected FEATURE records to sync to another system, via GSheet.
Hi @Jeffrey Lyons are you familiar with the free add on Jira cloud for sheets. We use this for a lot of our reporting. You set up your query of what you want to pull into sheets and there is a setting to schedule it to update. Not aware of an automated save to CSV but it can be downloaded as a CSV
Hi @Jeffrey Lyons - Natively, this simply isn't possible. You would need to do some custom development for this leveraging the API.
Hey @Jeffrey Lyons and @Mark Segall ....
Well, you could use the Web Request action to make a POST to somewhere on the Internets, and you could schedule that to run against a JQL query against your FEATURE project every day.
The problem would be that I'm pretty sure Google GSheets and Drive's APIs require more complicated authentication than can be done with Web Requests (which are limited to Basic Auth in headers).
So what I guess I'm saying is that another alternative would be to try and find or create a service that can "receive" data from an Automation POST, and "feed" it to Google, and this would at least alleviate you from having to program to the the Jira API.
THIS is a much better answer!
Hi @Jeffrey Lyons
I’ve linked your suggestion to a related feature request, which counts as an upvote for this ticket:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-241
Cheers,
Charlie
Thanks @Lynne Ratcliffe through your link I found Jira Cloud for Excel !
There is our Better Excel Exporter app that periodically exports issues to Excel spreadsheets. It should be possible to periodically import the exported file to GSheet, by effectively creating a little export-then-import pipeline.
Personally I use Skyvia for this because I can filter the Jira records I need, send the CSV to Google Drive, and put the whole thing on a schedule.
(it was a duplicate, removed!)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.