Is there a way to search the scrum board based on custom field values?
We are using a scrum board with JIRA Software (this is a Company-Managed JIRA project). I have two use cases for this:
USE CASE #1: We have a custom field for the Request ID - this is our company's unique identifier for each development request initiative. Often development requests result in multiple development tickets (aka: JIRA issues). I want a way to filter the board and only see the issues that align with a particular Request ID. I might want to filter the board for Request ID 123 today, and may want to filter the board for a different Request ID tomorrow. I can create a quick filter to filter the board for a specific Request ID, but I don't want to create 75 quick filters that I'll need to update every month as we rotate thru different active Request IDs. We could build Epics for each Request ID, but often these Request IDs are not big enough to really be considered Epics as they don't span multiple sprints and can be small in scope.
USE CASE #2: We have a custom field for the Assigned QA Tester - This is the team member who will QA the development work aligned with the development request (aka: JIRA Issue). I want a way to filter the board and only see the issues assigned to a given QA Tester. I can build quick filters for this, but that would require a quick filter for each QA Tester. The QA Testers don't change frequently, so if this is the only way it can be done, I can create multiple QA filters, one for each QA tester. It would be better though if I can just search the board for a specific tester as needed, instead of building multiple Quick Filters for this.