This covers what are a few questions, but I'm hoping someone could shed some light on Service Desk's capabilities here.
I'm aware that a service desk customer can only see their own tickets, with their only access being to the service desk portal and their ticket list screen. The issue is that our company has a lot of managers that will essentially want access to see everyones' tickets, as well as to the dashboard for reporting. So our idea is to make this fairly small number of users service desk agents and limit their access somewhat, so they can see their group's tickets and use the reporting tools.
So I'm wondering, is there any other way do do this besides just setting them as an agent? I wasn't sure if there were other permissions/groups I could set where these users could access other things without using a license, but I'm assuming that's a no. It just seems to me like there should be a different tier of a service desk customer - one where a user has a bit more access than to just the portal.
Thanks,