I'm looking to configure initiatives and versions into my current JIRA instance to eventually create a robust Advanced Roadmap. I cannot figure out how to properly set up initiatives.
Hello @Melissa Klein ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Instructions for setting up the custom hierarchy in Advanced Roadmaps follow:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-custom-hierarchy-levels-in-advanced-roadmaps/
Hello @Melissa Klein
Welcome to the community.
Your post is tagged that you are using the Standard plan. Advanced Roadmaps is available only with the Premium and Enterprise plans. Are you actually using one of those plans? If so, this document explains how to set up the custom issue hierarchy.
I thought I was using a Premium plan! Aren't these "plans" advanced roadmaps? These are 3 I created as tests
Hi Robert, thank you! I've actually read that article a few times. I wanted to set up initiatives so that every time we create a new epic we can attach it to an initiative. Then I want to create an advanced roadmap where it will all pull in. Does that make sense? Is that even the best way to do that?
That does look like Advanced Roadmaps. You should follow the documentation both @Trudy P Claspill and I supplied.
So, what I hear is that you want to establish the following hierarchy:
1. Initiative
2. Epic
3. Story
4. Subtask
You can establish this in Advanced Roadmaps and associate that hierarchy to a plan so the work and progress are visible.
I see your response to @Robert Wen_Cprime_ that you've read the article a few times.
Have you completed those instructions? Are you able to create Initiative issues in your project? What exactly are you struggling with?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.