This is my first day with the JIRA free trial, so this is a very basic question from a new user.
To learn how to set up and manage a kanban board, I am modifying the default kanban set up in the trial.
One of the cards gives the following instructions:
"Add work items with "+ Create Issue" at the top right of the screen >> Try adding a new card now."
However, when I view the top right of the screen, I do not see "+ Create Issue". I do see the icons for the following:
Search / Help Us Improve JIRA / Help / Administration / User Profile
Underneath this row of icons, I see two buttons, one to make changes to the board ("Board") and a button with nest carets that is used to hide and reveal the header.
I am able to add issues if I select the "Issues" icon from the left side side of the Kanban view screen, which takes me to the "Open Issues" screen.
I have searched through JIRA software documentation and viewed some videos, but have not been able to discover how to add issues from the Kanban board.
Thank you!