Before we moved to JIRA Cloud, I had JQL set for colouring cards which didn't contain a value in field 'story points'.
Since migrating over, the JQL doesn't work. See below.
"Story Points" is EMPTY
Hi @Gemma FRENCH and welcome to the Community!
Try composing your JQL in the issue navigator (Filters > Advanced search). In cloud, Jira has the strange habit to convert your field names into something that also has the custom field type attached to it. Run your search and see what it does to your JQL. In my test instance, this is the equivalent that does work:
"Story Points[Number]" is EMPTY
Hope this helps!
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
That should still work, but could you have a close look at the list of custom fields and check that you only have one Story Points field? Also, maybe try "Story Points" = 0
I have tried thisbut it is not helpful as we use the value '0'
it's the cards that are not populated I am looking to identify.
Thank you, the advanced search pulled through cards which didnt have story points... however, none from my board which I find strange. These were all either EPICS or Zephyr tickets.
I tried the above on the board settings too but this didn't change the result. I tried a few variations and I received the following:
Operator 'is' does not support searching for non-empty values for field 'Story Points[number]'.
Any ideas how this can be changed to it located the cards without storypoints populated?
Ok, that makes sense.
But I get exactly what I expect from
All I can think of is that you have a second field called "Story points" that is not a numeric field.
I have used the above, and though it allows me to enter the JQL 'is empty' it doesn't colour the cards which are not populated. The JQL 'is not empty' does work and colours all the cards with a value.
Maybe a silly question, but how do I find that? I only see one field when I click 'create new issue'.
in a team managed board you have "story point estimate" instead of "story points"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.