I am attempting to move from an enterprise hosted install of Jira to the new on demand Jira. The first step in the import process is to upload our Jira data to the root directory of our new instance using Webdev.
My problem is that, while I can get our existing instance of Jira to back up its file, I can not download the damn thing. When I enter the name of my backup file, Jira tells me:
File /opt/j2ee/domains/onjira.com/instance/webapps/atlassian-jira/data/current/backups/backup.xml has been saved.
Googling for answers, I found a handy forum thread (http://forums.atlassian.com/message.jspa?messageID=257325448) that suggested I could deduce a download address from our instance's paths, but I have tried all possible permutations of our Jira address and that file path, and everythins is 404.
I must not be the first person who has wanted to download their data from a hosted Jira instance? Anyone got clues on how I can get at this file?