Hi everyone,
I'm new to Jira. I want to ask about managing issues and child issues. What is the best practice for:
1. For example, I have a feature that requires Android, iOS, and Web development (assuming no back-end work).
Should I create an issue for each (approach 1), such as
- Issue 1: [Android] Feature A
- Issue 2: [iOS] Feature A
- Issue 3: [Web] Feature A
or, create one issue with multiple child issues (approach 2), such as
- Issue 1: Feature A
- Child issue 1: Android work
- Child issue 2: iOS work
- Child issue 3: Web work
or, any other approaches maybe?
If approach #2 is better,
2. The child issue assignees are clear enough, i.e. to each developer, but to whom Issue 1 should be assigned?
3. should I fill story points to child issues only and leave the issue's story point as blank?
4. how to manage QA tasks for each child issue? should I create one for each? so that in total there are 6 child issues.
5. how to manage releases for each environment? should I tag the fix versions only to the child issues and leave the story's fix version blank?
Thank you.