We have a company-managed service desk project and a software project.
We want to quickly identify for reporting purposes service desk tickets categorized by product (such as Epic Link), and potentially also further categorized by the type of issue the service desk tickets are linked to (such as a specific issue within the Epic).
Is there a maximum number of service desk tickets that can be assigned to the same Epic Link? Is there a maximum number of service desk tickets that could be linked to an Issue/Task within that Epic?
I can't imagine this being the case but wanted to check the theory and practicality before suggesting this as a potentially solution. Will the Epic get bogged down if there's three thousand tickets linked to it? Will scrolling to the Epic's or Linked Issue's comments become a chore? Should Epic Link always be filled in or is Linked Issue enough?
I'm open to alternatives, though I would prefer using Jira default fields (not all of which are being fully utilized) over custom fields. Maybe there's a better way to do this without software project Epic Links and Linked Issues?
Thanks.