Hi there Jira community, Relative newbie Jira admin here.
I have an odd issue - any help appreciated.
When I complete a sprint, the issues I currently have in the "abandoned" column seem to have the "sprint" field deleted when I hit complete, and they then end up back in the backlog as a result. See pic:

Some then are marked with a "Done" next to their Abandoned field. Also, some are then marked with a "+1" in the Sprint field, which shows they have been in a previous completed sprint when I click on the +1.

[As a side-note, on my sprint board, the Abandoned column is second to last, rather than the furthest to the right, which I have as my Complete column - seemed worth mentioning.]

Is there a way to ensure that when I complete my next sprint, anything in the abandoned column keeps its sprint field filled in and does not then appear in my main backlog, which is being cluttered unnecessarily with old abandoned tickets?
Thanks so much for your help.
Billy