How can I produce a report for the total points completed by developers for my entire project?
Pie Chart type of report
I currently get the total stories completed by developers, now I need the points each one of them is closing.
Thanks in advance
Hello @Roger
Welcome to the community.
There is not a native feature to provide that information. Are you open to purchasing a third party app, or do you have any third party apps already? You might have a third party app already that would help you do this.
really? so I can't input a query to get this data? something like this? I save that up and then pull the report section pie chart.
Project = ??? AND status = Done ORDER BY assignee ASC
The company don't have a third party app
No, unfortunately you can't.
The Pie Chart gadget produces wedges based on count of issues. There is no option to configure the numeric summation for the gadget.
There are no built in gadgets that sum story points based on a filter for issues.
You could:
1. Construct a filter to retrieve the relevant issues.
2. Format the results as a List (vs. Details)
3. Include the Assignee and Story Points fields in the columns of the List
4. Export the results to Excel
5. Generate summations and graphs in Excel
If you use Google to search for the topic you will find multiple community posts that provide suggestions for third party apps that could be used.
https://www.google.com/search?q=jira+cloud+story+points+per+assignee&oq=jira+cloud+story+points+per+assignee&aqs=chrome..69i57.6971j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
ok, thanks...one more thing, if I pull a report as you said, how can I get the entire project, I know how to get the csv for a sprint, but I need two years' worth of data and If I do it sprint by sprint will take me forever. thanks
Hi @Roger
You can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team to create various reports, charts and graphs for your Jira projects.
Here is a sample report that shows sum of story points delivered by each assignee on each month.
Below you can see an article about creating custom reports, charts and graphs in Jira with our app.
How to Create Custom and Flexible Reports, Charts and Graphs in Jira
Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify sample reports and play with them.
Hope it helps.
Here's a use case that can help you to find the time spent by each developer with Time in Status for Jira Cloud.
This add-on is developed by my SaaSJet team. Let me know if you have any questions,
Hope it helps
Hi @Roger,
I am Marlene from codefortynine.
Another option would be our Jira cloud app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.
With our app you can sum up story points per assignee, or any other Jira number field.
You can view and test some basic features of our app on our demo dashboards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.