I was testing custom statuses and created a test one. It now appears in the drop down when selecting custom statuses and I cannot remove it. In Space Settings->Content Statuses I see the option to delete default statuses but not custom ones.
The workaround I found was to disable "Create custom statuses" and just add the statuses I needed through the Suggest statuses->"Create a status"
Hi @David Meyenberg and welcome to the community,
If you go to space settings > content statuses can't you delete it from there? I just created a status and I can delete it:
It does not appear on that list for me. See pictures below. "custom status" was the test one.
Hi @David Meyenberg
If you have added the status from the "Add status" button, then you can't delete it. The good news is that you can restore the default suggestions if:
I tried it on my instance and works just fine.
It did not give me an option to restore defaults. I needed to create a status from that page and then I was able to restore defaults. This only removed the newly created one though. Even when turning off suggested statuses, I still see the custom one. I originally added it while editing a page, see in image below. If you add one this way, are you able to delete it?
Nice! Than for posting your workaround!
Confluence page statuses can be done better than what Atlassian offers in Confluence.
I recommend looking at the suite of features in Better Content Archiving for Confluence. It has automatic statuses and much more.
This is a comprehensive article on Confluence page statutes >>It's a tutorial on what's possible for Confluence page status with pointers on how to continue beyond statuses and create a Confluence content lifecycle management strategy.
Go this way if you prefer a video >>
(Please note that Better Content Archiving is a free/paid, and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.