I'm on the "Active Sprints" view in Jira. I decide to filter the sprint board to items assigned to me by clicking my picture (or filter on anyone in my group or multiple people). So I get a list of all tasks / stories / etc. assigned to me, which is great, but if I am the owner of a sub-task of a story, I do see the subtask AND the story it is associated with, but unless the story itself is also assigned to me, clicking the main story link will NOT open up the story. This is very annoying. If I can see it, I should be able to click it and have it work. Often I will be assigned a subtask but not assigned the whole story, but i want to see the details of the whole story, but I cant. I then have to un-filter my sprint view, search for that story again and then i can click it. Again, if I can see it , I should be able to click it to view.
Would love this as an enhancement! Thanks