I would like to create a project template in Jira and copy it for multiple projects of same scope/workflow. How do I copy a project template?
Hi @Jake Stromberg and welcome to the community!
Re "Project Template"... Are you meaning sharing the same configuration as other projects?
If this is the case, there are a couple considerations:
After that, it's pretty easy... When creating a new project, on the screen where you set the project name/key there's an option to share the configuration. You just pick your source project and the new project will inherit the project schemes from what you selected.
@Mark Segall the project template I created is set as a team managed project. Does this mean I cannot copy the project structure to be used on new projects?
Unfortunately yes. Team Managed projects are designed to be isolated configurations for small teams. Your best bet is to create a company managed project and migrate your existing project to it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.