I moved an Epic to a custom issue type and have lost link to children stories. There were a large number of epics and their children stories as part of the move. I would appreciate any help on this.
Following answer should help you
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-Server-questions/How-to-restore-Epic-Link-to-Issues/qaq-p/870789
HiĀ @[deleted]@Gokaraju gopi,
I don't believe there is a clear cut solution in cloud (assuming you are tenant is in the cloud).
One option is to go back to you backup, and get the linking information from there?
Have you taken a backup of your cloud data recently?
Thanks for sharing, I could not find the google sheet and the script is too complex
Hi @[deleted]
I think the google sheet was removed. Following should help you
1) First change the custom issue type back to epic
2) Go to history tab of the epic and check which stories are removed from epic. For example in jira cloud it looks like below
3) Write JQL query to get above highlighted issue keys
issueKey in (FP-1, FP-4, FP-5, FP-3)
4) Bulk update those issue by changing the epic field to actual epic
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.