I have folders on a network drive that I use to store test results.
I would like to create a link on confluence to these folders but it doesn't seem to work when trying to add a link. How can I do this in confluence?
Hi @Scott Gilmour welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Confluence has several free and paid third-party app integrations that link to Google Drive, OneDrive or SharePoint.
I won't link to a "regular" network drive / file share folder.
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
How is your network drive being exposed to your network? If it is just a file share, one that you "mount" on your local machine, then there's no way to create a usable link to it. You can't know how or where people might be mounting it.
If you are exposing it as a proper share, it will have a static UNC which you can use as a link in Confluence.
It is a virtual machine on our network that anybody can access to store or get the test results that are posted by QA
How would I check for the UNC?
How would you reach this share with a browser?
So, with Confluence Cloud, there isn't a way to map a local network drive?
I need to publish content from MadCap Flare to Confluence. I have the option in Flare of creating "publishing destinations." Here are my options:
FTP, SFTP, and File System (I use this to publish to SharePoint).
Will one of these work with Confluence Cloud?
No, because your "local" drive might not be the same as someone else's.
You can map to a shared resource with a common location of course (as long as it is accessible to the current user)
How do you map to a shared resource?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.