How can I trigger automation rule on loop workflow transition ('From status' and 'To status' are the same)?
Issue transitioned trigger doesn't work.
My workflow looks like this:
Have you tried using the Issue updated trigger for this? That should work since the transition is an update.
I don't want the rule to be triggered every time when the issue is updated. Just when it is published or republished.
Hi Martin,
Is there an automation rule that fires on both transitions? And they just do different stuff?
Both transitions fire an Issue Published event. It's my custom event I've added.
I'm trying to do my own notification solution using automation, because Jira built-in notification doesn't work for me. But I have troubles to trigger my rule with the Republish transition.
In that case, the closest you can get to only trigger on that specific transition is to use the Multiple issue events. Yes, it will trigger on every transition, but that is as close as you can get. I did check and I didn't find a suggestion to have a trigger on the actual transition instead of the status.
I would set the value of some type of field when the issue moves to Publish the first time. Then you can have the trigger based on Issue Transitioned to Publish. But you can then add a condition to check the value of the field so that it will know when rule to finish firing.
I hacked it by firing 'fake' Issue Created event (Publish and Republish transitions post functions).
The automation rule is triggered by Issue created trigger followed by condition checking if the Status field equals the value Published.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.