Hi Altassian Community,
I'm researching options to migrate a JSM project from one cloud instance to another cloud instance and could really use your support.
There is plenty information about Jira Software cloud to cloud migrations but not about JSM.
The situation:
- Destination site is not new, already had the Jira Software project migrated to it earlier
- Current Site is big and has hundreds of projects and is far from default config (fields, workflows etc)
- Project that has to be migrated is about 14k issues big
Its essential for us to be able to move customers and their affiliated organisations.
I've looked into the following:
- csv import (the atlassian way)
- csv import through marketplace app (gui)
- https://help-desk-migration.com/jira-service-management-to-jira-service-management-migration/
- Cloning through marketplace app
- https://documentation.codefortynine.com/deep-clone-for-jira/instance-clone
I'm not very experienced with CSV import and exports so I'm a little bit reluctant there.
The cloning seemed to work fine but the issue is with the reporters (customers and their organizations)
Is there anyone who has been in this situation and found a good workaround?
Perhaps using automation to comment the reporters and the emailadress to the comments or a custom field or something like that...
Some marketplace app I've looked over?
I'd love to hear your experience and or suggestion for this particular case.
If there is any additional information to required, please do not hesitate to ask!
Thanks in advance & kind regards,
Thijs